The Arizona Craft Brewers Guild has raised over $60,000 for the families of the fallen Yarnell Hotshot Crew.
The special collabrew, put together by 37 breweries(all members of the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild). The American Brown Ale was distributed to breweries, bars, restaurants and specialty grocery stores across the state of Arizona. The response from the community was overwhelming. Once the keg of “Heroes 19” was tapped at each individual location, it often sold out in just a few hours. Places like BevMo in Glendale had lines out the door, when they tapped the beer. Breweries like Mudshark Brewing Company in Lake Havasu, BJs Brewing Company(all Arizona locations) and SanTan Brewing Company in Chandler raised additional funds through food sales, raffles and donations for the families of the fallen. All funds will be donated to the Prescott Firefighter Charities in which 100&% of the proceeds will be given to the families of the fallen 19 heroes that were lost on June 30th, 2013. To the left are pictures of the check presentation. The check was donated to the Prescott Firefighter charities on September 17th at the Four Peaks Brewing Company in Tempe.
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Prescott Brewing Company sold 11 barrels – 22 kegs….341 gallons of “Heroes 19” in just 10 days
- SanTan Brewing Company went through 5 kegs in 3 hours
- BevMo had a line out their door, two hours prior to the keg being tapped.
- Tap and Bottle in Tucson sold out in just a few hours
- Sleepy Dog Tap and Grill held an event with raffles, live band Gilber firefighters
- BJs Brewing Company donated 20% of food sales on the day their brew was tapped(at all AZ locations). Sold out of beer in one day
- That Brewing Company in Pine sold out in Four Hours
- Lumberyard and Beaver Street Brewing Company sold all their “Heroes 19” in one weekend
- Firefighters from across the state came out to support the events held at breweries, bars and restaurants. The community came out to thank the firefighters that were there and support the families of the fallen.
- The Arizona Craft Brewers Guild has been overwhelmed with the response of the community and appreciates all the donations. In addition to the beer sold, the guild raised over $1,000 through virtual pints on their website, www.craftbeeraz.com.
Background on Heroes 19 and Arizona Craft Brewers Guild:
Heroes 19 was brewed at Prescott Brewing Company on July 19th. It is an American Brown Ale and a 19 on the color scale. The 37 breweries that make up the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild donated 19 different hops, time and supplies to make the special brew happen. The beer was then distributed by Hensley Beverage Company across the state of Arizona. 100% of the proceeds were donated to Prescott Firefighter Charities.
ABOUT THE ARIZONA CRAFT BREWERS GUILD:
The Arizona Craft Brewers Guild was established in 1998 and represents 37 microbreweries across the state. The guild promotes the craft brewing industry in Arizona by providing educational opportunities to brewers, distributors and consumers while endorsing quality craft beers and the responsible consumption of these products.