Prescott Brewing Company® proudly believes that business owners have a moral responsibility to have a “conscience” for the communities in which they operate. There are many ways to give back…
- Sponsorship of events (golf tournaments, chili cook-offs, Gala dinner fundraisers, youth sporting events, etc.)
- Founding member of PAI
- Participation in food (and beer☺) tastings
- Donations of gift certificates for raffles & drawings
- Donation of goods and services
- Volunteering of time
- Membership in fraternal organizations (Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, Soroptimist, etc.)
- Service on community Boards of Directors
Internal promotions used for fundraising purposes
- Matching of employees’ donations (Red Cross, United Way, 9/11 relief, etc.)
- Heroes 19 – Spear-headed & brewed Heroes 19 beer in collaboration with Arizona Craft Brewers Guild members honoring the Prescott Hot Shot fallen firefighters, raising over $60,000 for their families, with $13,500 raised by PBC alone.
The list of opportunities truly is endless.
Over the last 20+ years, PBC® has been involved in all of the above, in various forms and methods of contributions. Some of our larger sponsorships include the annual Prescott Bluegrass Festival for the last 20 years, Old West Oktoberfest, Mile High Brew Fest fundraiser for Boys & Girls Club, Sunup Rotary BBQ Days, Prescott’s annual Courthouse Lighting, the annual Octoberfeast fundraiser for the foodbanks, etc. We promote and raise monies for Prostate Cancer Awareness through the grassroots Pints for Prostates program. We’ve donated untold pounds of cooked pasta for spaghetti-dinner fundraisers and boxed lunches for teams of homebuilders for Habitat for Community, food and volunteer time for A Taste of Salsa and A Taste of Prescott, literally thousands and thousands of dollars in gift certificates for raffle prizes, portions of our sales for various Auxiliary groups, Beer-for-a-Year gift baskets and V.I.P Brewery Tours & Tastings as Silent Auction items, beer & volunteer time at charity beer tastings for the non-profit Sun Sounds radio station, gift certificates for many organizations for their Volunteer Appreciation picnics & dinners…etc.
Our owners have served on the Chamber of Commerce Board, Prescott Downtown Partnership, Sharlot Hall Museum Board of Trustees, Sunup Rotary Foundation Board of Trustees, Prescott Tourism Advisory Committee, 2012 Prescott General Plan Update Committee and will continue to serve as needed.
As said above, the list of opportunities to serve in one’s community is endless. Prescott is an amazing community with thousands of opportunities to serve and thousands of local people filling those needs. Many do more than us… many do what they can. Together we Prescottonians get it done!